Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment Support
Implementing a cohesive standards-based instructional program has been identified as one of the most powerful factors leading to student achievement. This service helps smaller districts with limited resources provide a knowledgeable and experienced curriculum coordinator. Curriculum specialists work to ensure consistency of educational practices.
Curriculum specialists provide the following services:
- Conduct curriculum needs assessment
- Develop and revise curriculum to align with the State Standards
- Implement a balanced assessment system
- Improve classroom practices
SERVICE CONTRACT LANGUAGE – This is being provided to share specific details regarding this service.
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Service
The Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (CIA) Service provides support in developing, implementing, evaluating and improving district instructional programs. Services will be coordinated by a licensed Director of Instruction who will work with the district leadership team to determine instructional goals and then tailor this service to meet the district needs.
This service may include:
· Conducting reviews of district curricular, instruction, and/or assessment programs to identify strengths and areas of concern
· Working collaboratively with district leadership teams to develop an Instructional Program Improvement Plan aligned with district improvement goals based on data analysis of state and local assessments and program review results
· Developing and facilitating processes to evaluate, create, and implement quality curricular programs aligned with standards (CCSS, NGSS, Model Academic, etc.). This may include activities such as standard deconstruction into learning targets, development of grade/subject level benchmarks and curriculum mapping
· Providing professional development in the use of curriculum management software: Curriculum Companion, Build Your Own Curriculum (BYOC), etc.
· Facilitating the selection of effective curricular resources
· Assisting with the design of a balanced assessment system that includes high quality formative, interim, and summative assessments
· Promoting assessment literacy including assisting staff with developing standards based assessments, creating performance tasks, developing rubrics, etc.
· Facilitating professional development on effective instructional strategies
· Assisting with the creation of a professional development plan that supports improved student achievement for all students based on best practice and educational research
· Providing support to principals and administrative teams in their role as instructional leaders and evaluators of instructional programs
For more information, contact:
Kristen Gundry, Associate Director of Learning Services