Consulting and Staff Development (CSD) provides leadership, consulting, staff development, and purchasing guidance in support of the use of technology to help school districts meet the learning needs of the children they serve.
In general, CSD has the following goals:
- Promote and encourage effective use of current technologies for the improvement of instruction and student achievement (online learning management systems–Moodle, cloud computing applications– Google Apps, newer media such as tablets, Chromebooks, and interactive surfaces).
- Provide leadership for the sharing and exchange of ideas, techniques, materials, and procedures, which model effective use of instructional technology.
- Maintain regular contact with media specialists, technology leaders, and staff members and provide timely information through mailings, phone, on-line resources, and personal visits.
- Provide consulting and technical assistance to districts in designing, planning, and implementing a wide range of technology applications in education including their Information (Library Media) and Technology Plans.
- Coordinate and support on-going staff development initiatives through agency and consortia grants. These are supported in a sustained, research-based, relevant environment.
- Collaborate with other CESA projects (Response to Intervention, Personalized Learning, Title I, Assistive Technology Initiative, Distance Learning, Online Learning and the IMC) in the integration of technologies into the curriculum and the maintenance of such hardware and programs where appropriate.
- Collaborate with higher education institutions in the implementation of technology integration activities for pre-service educators and continuing education programs.
For information, contact Ross Wilson, Educational Technology Director.